Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday

We hoped that simply getting Luke home to his own bed would resolve his sleeping issues. Unfortunately, that isn't true. He still woke up several times throughout the night, with his longest sleeping stretch being two hours. Thankfully we had Luke's home health nurse by his side every moment to help him through the night so David and I could get some much needed rest. I'm so frustrated and discouraged that he can't get more solid sleep than this! It is so pitiful that he will repeatedly say, "Help!" throughout the night, but he can't express what he wants or needs beyond that, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to make him more comfortable. This mamma just wants to make the hurt go away with hugs and kisses. I think heart surgery is just too complex for that!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Jamie, we were in the CHSU next to you early last week and you stopped me in the hall way to ask about my heart mom shirt, so I wanted to give you the link. I knew I had seen this blog once before, I just had to find it. https://www.facebook.com/events/407305316005581/?fref=ts Glad you are home and Luke is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also my email is jlbourcy25@yahoo.com, the facebook heart mamas group link is this https://www.facebook.com/groups/heartmamas/?fref=ts just tell them I sent you and I can vouch for you =)Let me know if those links don't work for you

    ReplyDelete